Are you in the process of moving, downsizing or just need some extra storage space? If so, you may be wondering about the best approach for furniture removal and storage. Furniture removal and storage can be tricky, so it’s important to know what you’re doing. In this post, we will discuss the best way to move and store your furniture safely and efficiently. We’ll also provide some tips for packing your furniture correctly — and how house removalists can help. So, whether you’re a first-time mover or a regular rental hopper, read on for tips on how to move and store your furniture like a pro!
Make sure to have a furniture removal plan in place
The first step in preparing to move your furniture is to measure the dimensions of the pieces you plan to move. This will give you a good idea of how much space each piece will take up, which can help you decide where you should store or place them in your new home. For example, if you have large furniture, you may want to put it in the living room, while smaller pieces of furniture can be placed in other rooms or even stored in a closet.
After you have your measurements, calculate the total square footage of the space you have available and compare it to the dimensions of your furniture. This will help you determine if everything will fit and whether or not you want to keep certain items or if you need to make any adjustments, such as bringing smaller pieces or choosing another location for a larger piece — at this stage, a moving calculator is invaluable for effective planning. To make storage much easier, you can also opt to hire moving boxes.
If you don’t have your own solution readily available, it is highly recommended that you hire a professional home furniture removalist service, such as Safe Removalist Australia. This way, you won’t have to add even more stress to your move — this is the absolute best option if you’re moving interstate.
Prepare removal and storage well in advance
A move can be a daunting and stressful task, especially if it is not planned well. One of the best ways to reduce the stress of a move is to start packing well in advance. This will allow you to take your time and make sure that everything is packed properly. It will also help to avoid the last-minute rush, which can only add to the stress of the event.
There are a number of different ways that you can start packing well ahead of time, and below, we will take a look at three great tips for doing just that.
- Set aside time each day to pack up items in your home. Dedicating just an hour or two per day to packing can help significantly reduce the stress on moving day. If you have family or friends who are willing to help out, then it might be worth asking if they can assist with this task as well.
- Start by packing up items that you won’t need for a while. This can include seasonal clothing or decorations, electronics that you won’t be using for the foreseeable future, and any other items that are not needed right away. You can also consider starting to box up some of your more sentimental items at this time.
- Get help from professionals!
How to become an efficient home mover
There are a few reasons why it’s important to have a particular order when moving furniture. One reason is that it can help avoid damaging the furniture. Another reason is that it can help make the moving process go more smoothly.
The furniture should be moved in the following order:
- Larger items that can be broken down should be moved first. This will help you effectively plan for smaller items and get the worst ones out of the way nice and early.
- Items that can’t be broken down should be next. When you’re packing these items away, the order really matters, as you’ll be able to stack things more efficiently.
- Smaller items should be last. When you’re loading your items into a moving vehicle, these last pieces can fit more efficiently and conveniently.
Moving the furniture in this order will help ensure that everything is moved safely and efficiently. As you are moving each piece of furniture, be sure to take your time and pay attention to what you are doing so that nothing gets damaged or broken. If there are any obstacles or narrow spots along the way, be sure to move around them carefully so that you don’t bump into anything or trip. At the end of the move, take a moment to breathe a sigh of relief and be thankful that everything went smoothly!
Safe Removalists Australia — your go-to home furniture removalists
Thanks for sticking with us through this guide to furniture removal and storage. We hope you feel more prepared to tackle your upcoming move, big or small. If you’re still feeling overwhelmed, don’t worry! The professionals at Safe Removalists Australia are here to help. Contact us today to see how we can help book your move to make your transition smooth and stress-free. And once again, happy moving!