Whether you’re a homeowner or renter, packing for your move can be daunting. But it doesn’t have to be difficult with the right advice and planning. This handy how-to guide will take you through everything you need to know about packing for a move — from the safest packing materials and how to pack your belongings securely to choosing the best house relocation services in Sydney for you. Whether you’re moving across town, down the road, or across the country, these handy tips guarantee a seamless and stress-free move.
Tips and tricks from Safe Removalists on making house moving easier for you
Moving house is a big job, and there’s a lot to consider when packing your belongings and preparing to relocate. Regardless of where you’re moving to, it’s important to be organised and efficient, so you can make the process smooth and hassle-free. Here are some top tips to help you pack for your exciting move:
- Start early — The sooner you start packing, the better. Getting it done early will give you plenty of time to sort through your belongings and decide what to keep, sell, throw and donate. It will also help to prevent the dreaded last-minute panic packing — that’s not what you need during a chaotic period.
- Get organised — Make sure you have plenty of sturdy boxes and durable packing materials, and label everything clearly as you pack it. This will make unpacking much easier (and less stressful) when you reach your new home. If cardboard boxes are too flimsy for fragile belongings, you can always hire moving boxes to make packing easier.
- Be selective — Moving is an excellent opportunity to declutter your home and eliminate unwanted or unused items. Be selective about what you pack, think about what you use the most and don’t try to take every miscellaneous item with you — this will make a move more difficult (and expensive).
- Hire a professional home removalist — If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the thought of packing everything up yourself, consider hiring a professional house relocation service in Sydney. They can handle all the heavy lifting (literally!) and make sure your belongings are safely packed and transported to your new home.
Mark off this checklist so you don’t leave a thing (or two) behind
Moving house is a big undertaking. There’s a lot to think about, and it’s easy to forget something important. To help make the process as streamlined as possible, we’ve put together a checklist of things to do when you’re moving house.
- Research different house moving services to find one that suits your needs and fits within your allocated moving budget.
- Get quotes from a few different companies and ensure you compare prices to find the best option.
- Ask friends or family for recommendations if they’ve used a house moving service before.
- Make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the service you’re using.
- Book your chosen house moving service in advance.
- Start packing up your belongings, taking care to label everything clearly.
- Arrange for any necessary disconnection or connection of utilities at your old and new property.
- Notify your bank, doctor, and other important contacts of your change of address.
- Fill out a change of address form with Australia Post.
- Cancel any newspaper or magazine subscriptions that will be going to your old address.
- If you’re moving interstate, organise for your vehicle to be transported in advance, so you can shop for essentials once arriving at your new home.
- On the day of the move, direct the house movers where you want everything placed in your new home.
- Once everything is unpacked, take some time to relax and enjoy your new surroundings!
Safe Removalists Australia makes it easy to relocate
We can take all the stress and guesswork out of your house removal in Sydney, ensuring everything goes off without a hitch. Whether you need assistance packing, transporting or unpacking your belongings, our team can do it all — along with helping you move interstate.
Every box we pack is carefully loaded and unloaded so your precious belongings will remain intact, and we even have a fleet of moving trucks that can carry up to 16 tonnes of weight.
Contact us today for a free quote and consultation — and while you’re here, check out our special offers. If you have any questions about our house moving services, please reach out to our friendly team — we look forward to hearing from you.