Moving house can be incredibly exciting but also woefully stressful whether you’re moving interstate or moving across the city. There are so many factors to consider, and suddenly it seems like you’ve got an overwhelming laundry list of things to take care of before the moving day even arrives. But moving interstate doesn’t have to be stressful. We’ve prepared this handy, ultimate guide to moving house and the best and cheapest ways to move interstate.
Declutter your house
We can all learn a thing or two from Marie Kondo. If it no longer sparks joy, then there’s no need to hold onto it. This doesn’t mean unused and unwanted things have to end up in landfill, though – you can donate unwanted items to charity or try selling them online. With so many different ways of selling things online these days, you could stand to make a little extra money on the side that you can put towards your moving fund.
Decluttering is one way you can lessen your interstate moving costs. Less household items mean less room is taken up in a moving truck, and less time spent packing and unpacking at either end of the trip.
Source moving boxes
Hoarding cardboard boxes for every time you move house isn’t always practical. And if you reuse old cardboard boxes too many times, they begin to lose their integrity and put your valuable items at risk. If you’re moving interstate, then you definitely want your precious belongings to be well protected on the long trip.
One cheap way to source moving boxes is through online buy, swap and sell groups, or you can get in touch with a professional removalist company to see what options they have. Some professional removalist companies sell cardboard boxes for you to use. Others, like Safe Removalist, have the option of hiring plastic moving boxes that are durable, safe, stackable and can protect your valuable items. These plastic moving boxes are a great way to transport your items, as they won’t get crushed during the move and can be easily stacked on top of one another in a moving truck.
Investing in plastic moving boxes can be a cheap way to move interstate in the long run, as it means there are less chances of you needing to replace broken or damaged items that might not have otherwise survived the trip.
Hiring removalists can be a cheap way to move furniture interstate
Hiring removalists can be a smart and cheap way to move interstate. At first you may think that hiring removalists is an unnecessary expense. But when you take into account the time and effort needed to move, as well as expenses like hiring transport, it can be an economical and worthwhile investment to hire professionals to get the job done as quickly as possible. These are just a few of the reasons why hiring removalists can make your interstate move cheaper:
- Professional removalists are efficient and highly skilled at what they do. They can have you moved into your new home in much less time than it would take for you to do everything yourself. This means you can take less time off work in order to get the job done, and you also save yourself hassle and stress (which is worth its weight in gold on moving day).
- Moving can be extremely hard work. Lifting furniture and heavy boxes can take a toll on your body if you’re not careful. However, having removalists on board means you can have trained professionals to take care of the heavy items so you don’t have to. This will be cheaper for you compared to medical bills and doctors’ fees if you injure yourself while lifting something heavy.
- Hiring removalists also means that you’re hiring transport. There’s no need to worry about paying extra for a truck or a van to travel to an interstate destination. Transport is all part of the deal.
Finding the right removalist company for your interstate move
As you can see, hiring removalists has many benefits. If you’re researching different removalist companies to help you move interstate on a budget, these qualities can help you narrow down your search:
- Check that the removalist company is fully insured.
- Ask for a free quote to see if their rates are competitive.
- Try searching for online reviews from other satisfied customers.
- Confirm that they can move you from point A to point B – that is, is there a limit on how many kilometres the truck can travel?)
- Do they offer different removalist options, such as backloading to make your interstate move cheaper?
The cheapest way to move interstate
Hiring interstate removalists does not have to be an expensive venture. One of the cheapest ways to move interstate is backloading. Backloading furniture, boxes and other household items can be one of the cheapest ways to move house because it makes use of removalist trucks that are heading back from a previous job.
For example: if you’re moving from Adelaide to Sydney, and the interstate removalist truck has completed a job from Sydney to Adelaide, they can pick up your items on the return trip. This makes backloading more cost-effective and efficient for the removalist company, so they can pass the savings onto you. It’s also more environmentally friendly.
Get in touch with Safe Removalist for cheap interstate moving
At Safe Removalist, we know that every single move will be different. That’s why we understand the importance of arranging a removalist service that suits your exact needs and budget. Our large fleet is more than capable of handling interstate moves for a streamlined, hassle-free and affordable move. No matter if you’re moving belongings from a one-bedroom flat or a four-bedroom house, Safe Removalist is here to help. No job is too big or too small for us to handle.
If you need help with packing, Safe Removalist can help with this, too. We’re a full service removalist company, which means we offer moving, packing and unpacking. All our team members are trained to carefully handle, pack, ship and unpack your belongings, making the entire process streamlined, simple and hassle-free from start to finish.
You can use our handy and intuitive moving calculator to get an idea of how much a removalist service with Safe Removalist will cost, or feel free to get in touch with one of our friendly customer service team members.
Book your interstate move online today with Safe Removalist.